GC is hiring a Development Associate to work closely with our Executive Director in expanding Generation Citizen’s support and national presence.
About Generation Citizen:
Generation Citizen (www.GenerationCitizen.org) is an innovative, quickly-scaling non-profit that seeks to strengthen our nation’s democracy by empowering young people to become engaged and effective citizens. We partner college students with classroom teachers to teach an action civics course in which teens solve problems they are facing in their own communities.
In just three years, GC has grown rapidly to serve over 4,000 students this year in our three cities, training over 250 college Mentors to work in 160 classrooms. Over the next five years, we will deepen our presence in our current cities and expand to three new sites to serve more than 20,000 students per year. GC is looking to recruit top talent to effectively run our programs, increase our impact, build our capacity, and improve our systems as we prepare to scale.
At GC, you will be working in a fast-paced, start-up environment. A successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage a heavy workload with corresponding responsibilities that will grow along with the organization. The successful candidate will be able to proactively identify opportunities to improve our development operations, structures, and systems. You will be working with a small but passionate team, giving you the ability to help shape the future of the organization. We are therefore looking for someone interested in committing at least two years to the organization. Apply today if you are interested in putting your entrepreneurial spirit and talent to work in helping to grow and improve GC, ensuring that all students possess the tools they need to make change in their communities.
The primary responsibilities of the Generation Citizen (GC) Development Associate will be to work closely with the Executive Director on all development tasks. This will include donor identification, cultivation and stewardship, significant donor and foundation communication, and managing the fundraising plan. The Development Associate will report to the Executive Director.
Donor Cultivation and Communication
- Proactively conduct research on an ongoing basis to qualify new prospects (individuals, foundation, corporate)
- Cultivate prospects through meetings and written communication
- Steward current donors
- Draft appeal letters and related materials
- Draft foundation proposals and applications
- Create relevant donor materials and aggregate and disseminate Generation Citizen stories
- Work with the Executive Director to create and manage fundraising calendar
- Manage current donor activity on Salesforce and create accurate reports for the Executive Director and National Board
- Work with National Board, local Boards, and Junior Boards to coordinate all development activities
- Plan all fundraising events and follow-ups
- Constantly identify and innovatively address areas for improvement in all development aspects of Generation Citizen
- Ensure that Program Team and Development Team are effectively collaborating
- Ensure that donors are constantly exposed to the power of the Generation Citizen program
- Is passionate about Generation Citizen’s mission
- Has a B.A or B.S. degree
- Has a passion and interest in development and fundraising, although development-specific experience is not necessary
- Has exceptionally strong organizational skills
- Has leadership experience supervising, managing, and training others
- Has strong communication skills in order to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies, including board members, supporters, and community members
- Has excellent public speaking, writing, and editing skills
- Is comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy start-up environment
- Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a list of 2-3 references to Jobs@GenerationCitizen.org.
- No telephone inquiries please. Generation Citizen is an equal opportunity employer.