Generation Citizen is pleased to announce that we are hiring a Director of External Affairs to work on our senior leadership team and help build out our fundraising operations. We are looking for an individual with development experience interested in playing a pivotal role in growing our emerging work as we start on an exciting 4-year strategic plan.
About Generation Citizen:
Generation Citizen (www.GenerationCitizen.org) is an innovative, quickly scaling non-profit that seeks to strengthen our nation’s democracy by empowering young people to become engaged and effective citizens.
GC envisions a country of young people working as active and effective citizens to collectively rebuild our American democracy. To achieve this vision, GC works to ensure that every student in the US receives an effective action civics education. We do this by directly engaging schools in action civics while simultaneously building the demand for the concept across the country.
Our innovative, action-based program partners college students with classroom teachers to teach an in-school action civics course which mobilizes teens around issues their own communities are facing. This approach is revolutionizing civics education in this country, and as it’s now in the 4th year of operation, serving nearly 10,000 students across 4 sites. We are led by co-founder and Executive Director, Scott Warren, who is a current recipient of a Draper Richards Kaplan Fellowship, a former recipient of an Echoing Green Fellowship, and was named one of Forbes’ Top 30 Social Entrepreneurs under 30.
Generation Citizen is building a new generation of youth activists and leaders, a generation inspired and equipped to make change.
The primary responsibilities of the Generation Citizen (GC) Director of External Affairs will be to develop and execute GC’s development efforts, coach Site Directors on development, and build out the organization’s development operation and staffing. This is the first-ever Director of External Affairs that the organization will hire, providing a tremendous opportunity for growth and impact. This position will be tasked with helping GC significantly increase its annual budget, including through the implementation of an aggressive growth capital campaign. This person will supervise a growing development team and report directly to the Executive Director, and will be a key member of the management team.
Specific job responsibilities will include:
Develop and Execute GC’s external strategy by:
- Create and execute comprehensive annual development plan with specific, quantifiable goals
- Represent GC in meetings with external constituents, including donors and the media
- Support local Site Directors in building the systems and relationships necessary for national and local operating revenues
- Supervise and support GC’s overall development work, including helping to develop GC’s numerous board strategies and communications (including local, junior, and advisory boards)
- Equip the Board of Directors to play an integral role in fundraising, including supporting the Board’s Development Committee
Overseeing GC’s Development Team by:
- Lead the team to achieve ambitious fundraising goals through individual gifts, foundation support, fee-for-service, and events
- Identify and cultivate new potential individual, foundation, and corporate supporters
- Coach local Site Directors to achieve localized fundraising goals
- Work with Development Manager to create and executive cultivation strategies for a defined number of high-level individual and foundation targets
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Managing Director, and Director of Programming as a key member of the Executive Team
- Is passionate about Generation Citizen’s mission
- Minimum of B.A or B.S. degree
- At least five years relevant experience, including quantifiable fundraising successes
- Excellent communication skills, professional demeanor with diverse stakeholders. Applicant should have a high comfort level serving as an external representative
- Ability to problem-solve and think proactively about development challenges
- Has strong management skills including the ability to inspire, motivate, influence and hold staff accountable to significant standards
- Is a proactive and creative problem-solver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Solutions-oriented; eager for ongoing learning and self-improvement in the role
- Experience in customer relations management software (ideally Salesforce)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing social entrepreneurial organization
Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a list of 2-3 references to Jobs@GenerationCitizen.org. Please include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. No telephone inquiries please. Generation Citizen is an equal opportunity employer.