The application process to join Generation Citizen’s Student Leadership Board for the 2017-2018 service year is now open!
The Student Leadership Board will be comprised of 10-20 young people, with 2-3 representatives from each of
GC’s current program sites (Central Texas, Greater Boston, New York City, Oklahoma City, Rhode Island, and the San Francisco Bay Area). Members are expected to dedicate 2 hours per week to Board activities. Each Student Leadership Board member will receive a $1,000 stipend for their year of service, as well as traveling and lodging paid for the summer retreat.
Student Leadership Board Members:
- Attend an in-person summer training retreat with the full board
- Help facilitate Democracy Coach training in their GC regions each semester
- Help organize Civics Day in their GC regions each semester
- Participate in monthly conference calls
- Participate in GC’s Democracy Fellows program, talking about the GC experience in schools and community organizations
- Lead projects to improve the GC student experience
All GC alumni, ages 14-20, are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Active participation in and completion of full GC core program semester
- Locally-based / accessible to GC local program activities for upcoming school year
- Comfort with public speaking
- Demonstrated leadership, dependability, interest in civic participation, and commitment to GC’s core values
- Ability to devote evening and weekend hours as needed for Democracy Fellows Program