Our current action civics hubs are:
- Bay Area (David Moren for more information)
- Central Texas (Meredith Norris for more information)
- Massachusetts (Gillian Pressman for more information)
- New York City (DeNora Getachew for more information)
- Oklahoma (Amy Curran for more information)
- Rhode Island (Tom Kerr-Vanderslice for more information)
The bulk of our work occurs in the sites where we have staff on the ground. We have been excited by the recent interest, though, both domestically, and around the world, in action civics. We have offered technical expertise and provided curriculum to several remote partners in recent years. For these partnerships, it is important to us that the pilots are community-driven, and that GC is brought in with significant existing community buy-in.
Current remote collaboration includes work in:
The DILA program (http://www.betterworldtoday.org/the-dila-program/) builds from GC’s curriculum and runs action civics programming in schools throughout Ottawa.
The ChangeX (http://www.changex.org/) platform offers Irish educators and changemakers access to proven innovations, including the GC model, which can be implemented locally to drive community improvement.
Students at The Millennium University College in Islamabad are starting a GC program of their own, arising from their participation in a summer action civics course led by a former NYC Democracy Coach.