SOCIAL MEDIA AND DIGITAL MARKETING FELLOW
Open Locations: New York, NY | Boston, MA | Providence, RI | Bay Area, CA
Position: 15-20 hours/week; $15/hr
Generation Citizen is transforming how civics education is taught by bringing the subject to life. We champion real-world democracy education that equips all young people with the skills and knowledge needed to effect change.
To ensure that our democracy represents the voices of all people, we prioritize working with students from communities that have been historically excluded from the political process.
In the classroom, our Action Civics program inspires robust civic participation by inviting students to engage directly with the local issues and institutions impacting their communities. We provide thought leadership, conduct research, and build coalitions to advocate for state and district level policies that ensure schools prioritize Action Civics. Nationwide, Generation Citizen is activating a movement of young people prepared to lead in our democracy.
Generation Citizen is nearing our 10th year of operations, serving more than 60,000 students since our founding and on track to serve more than 25,000 next academic year.
- Develop strategies to build Generation Citizen’s social media following
- Manage social aspects of editorial calendar, work with GC sites to aggregate content
- Post all social media content w/ proper tagging and distribution of content to discussion groups & content aggregators
- Update/maintain original content for social media posts based on community sentiment, current events, promotions and announcements
- Prepare weekly reports on key social media analytics and progress towards social media goals
- Execute social media advertising campaigns and promotions
- Support strategic initiatives, including the launch of new social media channels
- Expert-level knowledge of the key social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.)
- Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to work individually or in a team
- Creative, “out of the box” thinking and a diplomatic personality
- An interest in government, democracy, history or civic engagement is a plus!
- Social Media Outreach
- Communication Skills
- Creative Campaign Development
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design
- Creative Writing
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a thoughtful cover letter Chelsea Schuster, External Affairs Managers, at cschuster@GenerationCitizen.org. Please include “Social Media and Digital Marketing Intern” in your email subject line. No telephone inquiries please. Generation Citizen is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
WORKING AT GENERATION CITIZEN:
At Generation Citizen, we believe each of us has the capacity to make a difference within our communities. Our hope for a better democracy, and brighter future for all, fuels our commitment to seek systems-level responses and solutions to present challenges. We invite collective inquiry, experimentation, failure, and resilience to inspire inventive outcomes, learning, and growth. We strive for an inclusive work environment where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day, and work to create a collaborative, fun team of colleagues driven by our big mission and equipped with our core values.