Generation Citizen is seeking an Operations Associate to join our team in our New York office. This is a wonderful opportunity to get involved in the inner workings of a growing nonprofit and play a huge role in increasing the efficiency of our work. Please find the full job description and application instructions here.
Generation Citizen (dev-generation-citizen.pantheon.io/) is an innovative, quickly-scaling non-profit that seeks to strengthen our nation’s democracy by empowering young people to become engaged and effective citizens. We partner college students (called Democracy Coaches) with classroom teachers to teach an action civics course in which teens solve problems they are facing in their own communities.
In just three years, GC has grown rapidly to serve over 6,000 students this year in our three cities, training over 250 college Mentors to work in 240 classrooms. Over the next four years, we will deepen our presence in our current cities and expand to three new sites to serve more than 20,000 students per year. GC is looking to recruit top talent to effectively run our programs, increase our impact, build our capacity, and improve our systems as we prepare to scale. As we scale, we need operational assistance to help improve our systems and provide much needed support to our larger team.
At GC, you will be working in a fast-paced, start-up environment. A successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage a heavy workload with corresponding responsibilities that will grow along with the organization. You will be working with a small but passionate team, giving you the ability to help shape the future of the organization. Apply today if you are interested in putting your entrepreneurial spirit and talent to work in helping to grow and improve GC, ensuring that all students possess the tools they need to make change in their communities.
Specific job responsibilities will include:
Operational Support and Systems Building
Work closely with the Managing Director to:
- Streamlining internal processes across all sites
- Helping to organize logistics of our bi-annual Civics Days
- Helping to organize logistics for all trainings
- Acting as the primary liaison to all vendors, including:Helping to organize specific fundraising events
- Purchasing or preparing and distributing all program and evaluation materials
- Maintaining and updating vendor files
- Documenting all replicable operational processes
- Record all financial information timely in Quickbooks
- Invoice partner schools, track and deposit payments and donations, and prepare checks and reimbursements
- Manage HR and insurance paperwork
- Document all replicable financial processes
Assistance to the Executive Director
Work closely with the Executive Director (ED) by:
- Prioritizing correspondence to reflect organizational priorities
- Maintaining the Executive Director’s schedule
- Preparing briefings or materials in advance of important internal and external meetings
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Assisting in board management, including preparation of board materials for meetings
- Attending internal or external meetings with the ED as needed
- Is passionate about Generation Citizen’s mission
- Has a B.A or B.S. degree
- Is extremely organized
- Highly functional and organized in a changing and unstructured environment
- Has excellent communication skills
- Is efficient in managing diverse tasks, activities, and projects
- Has command of all Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a list of 2-3 references to Jobs@generationcitizen.org. Please include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. No telephone inquiries please.