Apply to the Student Leadership BoardGeneration Citizen’s Student Leadership Board (SLB) is a team of students that support our efforts to learn from our students’ experiences, better support alumni civic leadership development, and elevate student voice in the democracy education field.
Join Generation Citizen’s Student Leadership Board!
The Student Leadership Board will be comprised of 10-20 young people, with 2-3 representatives from each of
GC’s current program sites (Central Texas, Greater Boston, New York City, Oklahoma City, Rhode Island, and the San Francisco Bay Area). Members are expected to dedicate 2 hours per week to Board activities. Each Student Leadership Board member will receive a $1,000 stipend for their year of service, as well as traveling and lodging paid for the summer retreat.
Student Leadership Board Members:
- Attend an in-person summer training retreat with the full board
- Help facilitate Democracy Coach training in their GC regions each semester
- Help organize Civics Day in their GC regions each semester
- Participate in monthly conference calls
- Participate in GC’s Democracy Fellows program, talking about the GC experience in schools and community organizations
- Lead projects to improve the GC student experience
All GC alumni, ages 14-20, are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Active participation in and completion of full GC core program semester
- Locally-based / accessible to GC local program activities for upcoming school year
- Comfort with public speaking
- Demonstrated leadership, dependability, interest in civic participation, and commitment to GC’s core values
- Ability to devote evening and weekend hours as needed for Democracy Fellows Program