As we celebrate the start of a new year, Generation Citizen is back to sharing pertinent articles in the education, democracy and policy spaces. We invite our readers to share and discuss on Facebook and Twitter.
- Will expanding national service increase civic engagement among slacktivists? – The Washington Post
- Millennials have ushered in a new Civil Rights Movement, says Gene Demby. – Slate
- Americans across the political spectrum believe we need police reform. – Mic
- Efforts to raise the minimum wage at the federal level may have stalled, but increases in 20 states went into effect on Thursday. – The New York Times
- While 2014 wasn’t the best year for politics, here’s what to look out for in 2015. – The Atlantic
Generation Citizen is a nonpartisan, 501(c)3 tax exempt organization which does not endorse candidates; our goal is to engage our staff, participants, and stakeholders in political and civic action on issues that matter to them personally and in their communities. The opinions expressed in this blog post are those of the writer alone and do not reflect the opinions of Generation Citizen.