Each week, Generation Citizen shares pertinent articles in the education, democracy and policy spaces. We invite our readers to share and discuss on Facebook and Twitter.
- In the wake of the terrorist attack on the office of Charlie Hebdo in Paris, we reflect on the fact that freedom of expression cannot be taken for granted. – The New Yorker
- Higher education reform may be on the horizon as President Obama proposes free community college for two years. – Buzzfeed
- As our society increasingly emphasizes STEM, Gerald Greenberg reminds us of the value of the liberal arts. – The Washington Post
- Education blogger Anya Kamenetz suggests several alternatives to standardized testing. – NPR
- A former clerk of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg learns about gender inequality firsthand as a stay-at-home-dad. – The Atlantic
- Bonus: Had a rough week? Let Vice President Biden cheer you up. – The Washington Post
Generation Citizen is a nonpartisan, 501(c)3 tax exempt organization which does not endorse candidates; our goal is to engage our staff, participants, and stakeholders in political and civic action on issues that matter to them personally and in their communities. The opinions expressed in this blog post are those of the writer alone and do not reflect the opinions of Generation Citizen.