GENERATION CITIZEN DEVELOPMENT AND PHILANTHROPY INTERN
Internship Locations: New York, NY
Position: 10-20 hours / week; Stipend provided
Generation Citizen is an innovative, quickly scaling non-profit that seeks to strengthen our nation’s democracy by empowering young people to become engaged and effective citizens. Generation Citizen (GC) believes all students have the right to civics education that prepares them to participate in our democracy. We envision a country of young people working as active and effective citizens to collectively rebuild our American democracy.
GC is seeking a passionate and driven individual to support local development efforts. The Development Intern will work closely with the Development Associate and Director local Site Director for a minimum of 10 hours per week to support the development and execution of a fundraising plan. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a strong interest in a nonprofit career to develop highly valuable, marketable skills.
- Research and identify new fundraising opportunities including, foundation grants, corporate sponsors and major donors
- Manage donor database system, Salesforce and maintain accurate and up-to-date development records.
- Draft grants and sponsorship applications, solicit in-kind donations and create materials for individual giving campaigns.
- Provide support with donor reporting and communications.
- Exceptional written communication and research skills.
- Prior experience with event organization a plus, but not required.
- The ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest in non-profit work and civics education.
- Travel and Work Stipend
- Students who are eligible may be able to utilize this position for work-study funds.
- Gain unique insight into the inner works of a successful non-profit.
- Build marketable professional skills.
- Access GC expansive non-profit network.
- Receive professional advice from GC’s experienced staff.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a thoughtful cover letter to cschuster@GenerationCitizen.org. Please include “Development and Philanthropy Intern” in your email subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Generation Citizen is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.