Generation Citizen Web Manager and Graphic Designer – Freelance Consulting Position
About Generation Citizen
Generation Citizen (GC) is an innovative, quickly scaling nonprofit that envisions a country of young people working as active and effective citizens to collectively strengthen our American democracy. GC’s ultimate mission is to ensure that every student in the United States receives an effective Action Civics education that provides them with the civic knowledge and skills to actively participate in our democracy. We work in six sites nationwide: Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York City, the San Francisco Bay area, Oklahoma City, and Central Texas and have educated and empowered over 40,000 students since our founding in 2010.
We are actively seeing an experienced independent contractor to support Generation Citizen’s website management. Workload and time commitment may vary month to month dependent upon projects and maintenance needs. This role will report to the development and communications team.
- Monitor and ensure website functionality
- Perform software and application updates
- Ensure domain registration and hosting are current
- Test website to identify and resolve technical problems
- Assess and report on website performance
- Handle online marketing projects ranging from SEO to social media
- Develop and/or update content and page layouts
- Design digital and print materials including reports and graphics, etc.
- Ensure design materials reflect brand guidelines and organizational language
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
- Incorporate changes recommended by the organization into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Experience managing WordPress
- Experience managing integrations such as Stripe and Mailchimp
- Software programming and graphic design skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Keep up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
Salary, Hours and Terms
The position will pay $30-50/hour based on experience; hours will vary by project but likely to be 10-15 hours/month. Remote work based in the US okay; located near or in one of Generation Citizen’s regional offices preferred.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and work sample/portfolio to email@example.com. Please include “Web Manager” in your email subject line.