(Part-Time / New York)
About Generation Citizen
Generation Citizen is an innovative, quickly scaling non-profit that seeks to strengthen our nation’s democracy by empowering young people to become engaged and effective citizens. To achieve this vision, Generation Citizen works to ensure that every student in the U.S. receives an effective action civics education. We do this by directly engaging schools in action civics while simultaneously building the demand for the concept across the country.
Our action-based program partners college students with classroom teachers to teach an in-school action civics course which mobilizes teens around issues they face in their communities. In our seventh year of operation, Generation Citizen will serve 13,000 students across six regions. We are led by co-founder and CEO, Scott Warren, a recipient of a Draper Richards Kaplan and Echoing Green Fellowships, and was named one of Forbes’ Top 30 Social Entrepreneurs under 30.
The Generation Citizen Part-Time Administrative Assistant will support the operations and development departments that allow Generation Citizen to maintain effective administrative management across the organization. Primary roles will be to help maintain the financial and data systems, including donor management, and content upkeep on core communication platforms like the website. The position will report directly to the Finance Manager, work closely with the Operations and Development teams, and is two work days a week (16 hours per week and $15/hr).
Specific job responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the maintenance of donor database system, Salesforce, to maintain accurate and up-to-date financial and contact records
- Assist in the development of financial reports for funders in partnership with Development Associate
- Support Operations Associate in the donor acknowledgment process, drafting and sending letters
- Oversee basic updates to WordPress website and respond to correspondence received from website contact page
- Support in conjunction with Development Associate and Demand Building team the organizational newsletter calendar as well as maintaining listserv, MailChimp
- Prepare marketing and organizational materials for funder and donor meetings
- Inventory and order office supplies and program materials
- Assist with office equipment such as printing, phone systems, copiers and basic technical assistance for office equipment
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and efficient in organizing and managing diverse tasks, activities, and projects
- Experience using WordPress, Salesforce, and MailChimp required
- Command of all Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Qualified candidates should send a resume to Jobs@GenerationCitizen.org. Please include your name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email. No telephone inquiries, please. Generation Citizen is an equal opportunity employer.